Rutland Dismas House
Cordially invites you to
The 28th Dismas Community Celebration
Sunday, May 20th, 2018
at the Holiday Inn
3:00 pm Doors open for registration and Silent Auction
4:30 pm Welcome and Live Auction followed by Dinner and Program
This year we are pleased to have as a speaker William Cope Moyers.
- Author of New York Times best-selling memoir, “Broken: My Story of Addiction and Redemption”, and “Now What? An Insider’s Guide to Addiction and Recovery”.
- Nationally recognized speaker on the disease of alcoholism and addiction, William seeks to increase awareness and support for its treatment and to bring hope for recovery.
We are honoring:
Judge Frank McCaffery – Fr. Jack Hickey Award
- Leader of the Thresholds Decisions Program begun in 1974, Judge McCaffrey helped to open and has supported the four Vermont Dismas Houses for over their 31 years.
- Serves as a member of the local Rutland Dismas House board as well as the board of the state- wide Dismas of Vermont Organization since its beginning.
- Long time Vermont State Court Judge now pre- siding over Rutland County Treatment Court.
Steve Zwicky and the Rutland Treatment Court team – Mary O’Award
Marty Barclay – Loving Spoonful Award
3:00 p.m. Social Hour and Silent Auction
Appetizers of Vermont Cheese and crackers and fresh fruit and vegetables.
4:45 p.m. Welcome by Master of Ceremonies Paul Fonteyn, followed with a blessing.
Then let the Live Auction Begin! Between 35 and 40 fantastic items up for the bidding! Please continue to check our website and Facebook page to see what items we have.
6:00 p.m. Dinner, with a choice of 3 delicious options
BEEF – Grilled London Broil – Cooked to Perfection!
FISH – Orange Basil Glazed Salmon – Atlantic salmon steak topped with an orange zest basil glaze.
VEGETARIAN – Vegetable Stir Fry – House rice, egg, vegetables, and tofu tossed in a sesame ginger glaze.
6:45 p.m. Presentation of Awards
7:00 p.m. Remarks by William Cope Moyers
8:00 p.m. Closing blessing sung by the Brother of the Weston Priory