How to Apply

If you are a Prisoner, Former Prisoner, or a Friend or Relative of a Prisoner, and you would like to obtain an application or more information about Dismas House please contact us at:

Hartford Dismas House
1673 Maple Street
PO Box 174
Hartford, VT 05047

Phone: (802) 698-8661

If you are a College or Graduate Student or Recent Graduate we encourage you to consider residency at Hartford Dismas House. Visit Student Residents or contact us as indicated above

If you wish to be a Volunteer at Hartford Dismas House. Visit the Volunteer page or contact us as indicated above.

Applications, “Fact Sheets” and brochures are also available through caseworkers at Vermont State correctional facilities, through the office of Probation and Parole and at various substance abuse treatment facilities.

Attorneys, counselors and caseworkers may also request an application and information on behalf of a prisoner or former prisoner. Please obtain a signed consent form in order to share information about your client.